Benchmark’s CRM allows you to map fields and customize them to fit your needs best. During lead conversion, the default lead fields are automatically mapped to default contact, organization and opportunity fields.
Admins should use the map fields dialogue to make sure custom field lead data is mapped to custom (or default) contact, organization and/or opportunity fields so that this data is not lost during the lead conversion process. Default fields can also be remapped to suit your company’s needs.
To map fields:
- Log in to your BenchmarK CRM account.
- On the Home header, click on your Benchmark CRM profile Avatar.
- Select the Settings tab.
- On the Settings page, under Customization, select Fields.
- Locate the Dropdown menu on the center of the Fields page. (By default, the system will show Contacts as an option).
- Select the Show Leads tab. On the Fields header, click on the Map Fields button.
- On the Fields header, click on the Map Fields button.
- You can begin mapping the fields of your choice. When completed, click the checkbox button.
Refer to the bullet points below for further information:
- You can map one field to multiple destination fields, but you can not map two fields to the same destination field.
- Fields must be mapped to matching types. Ex: mailing city to mailing city, phone number to phone number.
- A Lead field can be mapped to none, one or many module fields, but only one per module.
- A field can be mapped to only one object; unmapped fields are lost during the conversion of a Lead to a Contact.
- A Lead field can’t be mapped to two fields simultaneously in the same object, Organization, Contact or Opportunity.
- Some fields will automatically map. These will not be part of the dropdown choices during the mapping fields process.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team by email.