Why should I integrate my Email account with my CRM account
Benchmark Email is your one-to-many mass communications tool. You can craft emails for sending to hundreds, if not thousands. Your contacts in Benchmark Email exist on email lists segmented for your marketing purposes.
Benchmark CRM is your one-to-one communication platform for one-to-one emails. Your contacts in Benchmark CRM are full-fledged, robust customer records, each with their own page where you can create notes, access custom fields, plan and execute follow ups. There’s even dedicated space for closing deals and solving support tickets for those contacts. In CRM, you sort your contacts into views, which are just smaller groups of contacts filtered by some common criteria you choose.
Integrating makes it quicker to move contacts from Benchmark CRM to Benchmark Email and vice versa:
- You can create new email marketing lists from any CRM contact or lead view
- You can use API Sync to do a one time import of an entire Benchmark Email list into your CRM contacts or leads records. You can even set it up so that the list is synced every few minutes or hours so that new contacts added to your Benchmark Email list via sign up forms automatically create new CRM leads or contacts.
Integrating allows you to bring email marketing campaign data right to your CRM contact and leads records:
Each CRM contact or lead has an email marketing tab where you can see:
- any sent email campaign
- the open status of the campaign
- any links your contact/lead clicked on
Integrating automatically passes opt-out information from CRM to Benchmark Email and vice versa
If you’re on a CRM contact or lead record, clicking its email opt-out will add that contact’s email address to your Benchmark Email Master Unsubscribe List. This stops the contact or lead from receiving any more email marketing, even if they are on your email marketing lists.
It works the other way, too. If an email marketing recipient clicks the unsubscribe link in your Benchmark Email campaigns, they will be opted-out of one-to-one emails in the CRM. You’ll know this because their email address will turn red when you compose an email. This can be manually overridden temporarily if you still need to send that personal email in the CRM.
To learn how to integrate your Benchmark Email account with the Benchmark CRM, please follow the steps below.
Step 1 Benchmark Email
- Log in to your Benchmark Email account
- Select Integrations from the username
- Select API Key on the left Navigation.
- You’ll now find the unique API key for your Benchmark Account.
- Copy your API Key
Step 2: Benchmark CRM account’s user profile
- Sign into your Benchmark CRM account
- Select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down and select API Sync.
- Then click on the New Sync button.
- Give your sync a name
- Now, choose the Benchmark Integration from the drop down menu.
- Then, click on the Edit button.
- Now, add your account name and paste in your Benchmark API Key. You may test the connection, by clicking on the Test Connection button.
- Select the Checkmark button.
Your Benchmark Email lists will be displayed.
- Select the list you want synced with your CRM account.
- Next, choose the type of Module that these emails will identify with. Contacts or Leads.
- Select what to do with Email duplicates and then hit Next.
- Map your Fields.
- Then choose how often you would like to Sync.
- Select Active, and click on the checkmark.
Now, your accounts should be integrated. Your data will now be imported, please allow a few minutes for your data to appear in your CRM account.
If you have further questions on how to integrate your Benchmark Email account with your Benchmark CRM, please feel free to contact us by email.
Note: You must have a paid CRM plan to integrate the two. If you don’t have the plan, please click this link to upgrade today!