While following up any of your contacts/leads, templates can be handy where repetitive messages need to be sent. In simple words, email templates are reusable HTML files to create email campaigns.
Using an email template allows you to produce campaigns faster and more consistent. Instead of having to rewrite an entire email from scratch for every send, you can simply use a template with merge tags and attachments.
How to create Email Template?
- Click on the settings button from the drop-down menu on the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and locate Templates and click on email templates.
- Once on the templates page, you can create a folder with the privacy settings you want OR select the default folders created in which you want to place the email template.
- Create a template using the Create Template button.
- Once on the Create Email Template page.
- Select the record type for which you want to associate the email template. This will help you with the merge fields of the selected record type.
- Add a name for the email template.
- Select the folder you want to place the template in.
- Select the from email address.
- Add a subject line for the email template.
- You can add a reply to email address if you want. Leaving it blank will mark the default reply to email address for the template.
- Use the small check box, if you want to use the user email signature. This will add an email signature tag which in turn will automatically load up the user email signature in the template.
- Use the merge fields to personalize template and pull details like first name, last name etc from the records.
- Save the template.
How to use an email template?
- Go to the compose email page.
- Add the contact/leads email address you want to send the email to.
- Click on the template button on the right side of the email editor.
- Locate and select the template in the popup window showing folders.
- Once you select the template, click yes to load the template in the editor.