At some point, you may want to convert a Lead record to a Contact record. Within the Benchmark CRM, we provide with the necessary tools to do so.
Kindly follow the steps below to convert a Lead to a Contact.
- Log in to your Benchmark CRM account.
- Click on the icon and select the Leads tab.
- Choose and click on the lead you would like to convert.
- On the Leads page header, click on the arrow and select Convert Leads or simply click the button.
- You will be prompted to the Convert Lead page.
- You can Create an Opportunity and change the Owner of the record.
- When completed, click on the box.
- You have successfully converted your Lead to a Contact.
Below are important points to consider for the conversion process:
- When you convert a Lead, the old Lead record will be completely eliminated, thus converting it into a Contact.
- Any important data fields on your Lead, will be transferred to your Contact.
- An administrator should set up field mapping on the Fields Dashboard. Otherwise, you may lose data during the conversion process. If there are Lead fields that are not mapped to a Contact, Opportunity or Organization fields, data will be lost once the original Lead fields are discarded.
- If you have an organization established in your Lead, an Organization record will also be created during the conversion. In Leads, the Organization is just a field value, whereas in Contacts it references an Organization record.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team by email.