At some point you may want to transfer email conversations in your gmail/outlook/hotmail/macmail/ etc, to an existing Benchmark CRM Contact or Lead so that the email is stored as part of the CRM record.
For this FAQ we will use a Lead record as an example.
- Log in to your Benchmark CRM account.
- On the more options button, select Leads.
- Click on the Lead of your choice.
- Now click on the arrow on the top menu to view the dropdown options.
- Select Forward Email to this Contact Record.
- Forward Email Alias pop-up will appear.
If there is no email address available, click on the Generate FWD email alias.If there is an email address here, copy it, you will need it to complete the process.
- Find the email you want to forward.
- Click the forward button.
- Now paste your FWD Email Alias where prompted.
- Click Send.
You have transferred your email and it is now part of your Benchmark CRM record.
How to use another inbox to forward the email:
You as a CRM account holder might be using multiple email addresses. Benchmark CRM allows you to add multiple email addresses as a whitelisted email address. Forwarding the email from any of these whitelisted email addresses will reflect in the messages tab of your CRM account under the lead/contact page.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Under Personal Settings block select FWD Whitelisted Emails.
- This page provides the list of Approved Email Addresses. The email address used to create the CRM account is by default added under the Approved email address.
- If the email address is not added in the list. You can use the Add Another Email button on the top right corner. You will see the forwarded email.
To view the email you have forwarded:
- Back on your Benchmark CRM, click on the Lead you forwarded the email to.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Messages button.
- You will see the forwarded email.
Keep in mind that the Contact or Lead does not receive the email again when you forward it. This email goes directly to the Benchmark CRM. Also, you can not reply to your Contact or Lead on the message thread, you should create a new message thread if you want to continue correspondence.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our support team by email.